Monday, May 7, 2007

You Find Out Who Your Friends Are...

This is the title of a new song, one of the best I've heard this year on (gasp) country radio. Yes although it is secular it is truthful. It is performed by Tracy Lawerence, Tim McGraw and Kenny Chesney (how could that be a bad song is my question). Any hoo, let me get to the point of this. The song talks about when you're on top everybody says they're your "friend" and then when you hit some hard times or need a favor you find out who your real friends are. My whole point to this thing is this song made me think of when we were "living the life" we had all kinds of friends but after our salvation people are like "huh? sal-who?". Then it seems like they're hard to come by. Now I haven't really experienced this, which kind of surprises me, but also makes me know that I have real friends. But I also know of some people that are close to me that lost some, but they gained sooooo much more than just social status. So just think about who you could call on the next time you're in a bind and see who is really you're friend. And the next time "You run your car into a ditch on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere...." see who you can call at anytime day or night and find out who your friends are.
Till next time my fellow bloggers,
Sir William of Lipsey

No comments: