Monday, May 7, 2007

Schools Out

Yeah I know I haven't posted in a while, but life sometimes keeps you busy. Any hoo since the last time I posted, I went on vacation with Crystal and Barry and David and Sunshine and all the kids were there and we all had an awesome time. And our Vacation Bible School began on Monday of this week, I'll just tell you by the end of it this evening you could tell everyone was exhausted, even the kids. It just amazes me that kids can repeat something back that you thought they didn't hear because they were all talking, well most all. I believe God gave them some kind of special talent to make us go "Hmm..I guess they were listening." Hey it's just a thought. I also found out that we may, hopefully have Dan Carrol at Godstock, and he's leading worship Sunday morning and I'm looking forward to that, he does a great job at what he does. Oh and we also came home to a wonderful surprise the day we came home from the coast......sorry i got lost on the coast there for a second, anyway we had praise team practice that night and when I walked in i noticed something different but didn't register right off. It was the coolest thing, our stage had grown and i was all like that is awesome. I still don't know exactly who all was involved, but thank you guys and girls(if any)from the bottom of my heart,I absolutely love it, it's awesome. Matter of fact when we were doing Sing to the King, I was moving around because that song just pumps me up for some reason, but as i kinda jumped off of the drum riser i thought for a second, "what if i look like an idiot?" and then i thought about David, no not you David, the David from the Bible, when he was dancing in the street. And then i realized that it didn't matter because that's how i roll when i worship, so if you find it troubling, turn ya head..I should probably stop, but i have to get this out. Some of you i've already ranted and raved about it and i got one person to purchase it..What you talkin' 'bout willie? you may ask. Well let me tell you. I bought the new album by christian hip-hop artist LeCrae called After the Music Stops, and all i can say is Wow...i really can't say enough about this album. it's really impressive to hear a rapper praising the One who made us and His Son. and it's every song. if you're into hip-hop i strongly recommend you go out and buy it, shoot, i recommend you go out and buy it even if you don't like hip-hop, because his messages are incredible. Maybe the praise team can do some of his stuff, he he he, i only yoking wid you man. i did try to get him for Godstock but alas he's booked up into 2008, so maybe next year. Alright, that'll do for now. except i would like to add to Pastor Chad's weird stuff on signs thing, see how this one hits you, it was on a billboard at the beach: Why is it called rush hour traffic if it goes so slow?
'til we meet again.
Cap'm Willie

No comments: